The right price means a successful sale.
Is Your Home Priced to Sell?
Pricing your home is both an art and a science. Achieving the optimal price is the result both of objective research into comparable properties and a gut feeling about your property and the current market.
The right price should:
- Attract Buyers
- Allow you to earn as much money as possible
- Help you sell as quickly as possible
The simple fact is, price is the number one factor that helps homebuyers determine which homes they want to view. And it’s important to remember that although the price is set by you, the value of the home is determined by the buyer. Try to avoid allowing your enthusiasm to impact your better judgment-overpricing is a common mistake that can cost you in the end.
With that in mind, here are some reliable guides to use when pricing your home, all of which comes recommended by the Council of Residential Specialist-a group of REALTORS with significant experience and advanced training in residential sales.
Factors That Affect Your Asking Price
- How quickly you need to sell.
- The amount of competition in your price and category.
- The availability, affordability of flexible financing.
- The home may stay on the market longer.
- Factors That Should NOT Affect Your Asking Price
Factors That Should NOT Affect Your Asking Price
- The original cost of the property, price is determined by today’s market.
- Any investments you have made in improvements.
- The cost to build your home today.
- Emotional Attachment
- The options of friends and neighbors.
Problems That Can Arise From Overpricing
- You might help similar homes that are priced lower.
- Your home may stay on the market longer.
- You could lose market interest and qualified buyers.
- You might create a negative impression of the property.
- You could lose money as a result of making extra mortgage payments while incurring taxes, insurance, and unplanned maintenance costs. You may have to accept less money.
- A potential buyer may face appraisal and financing problems as a result of the inflated price.
OUR AGENTS CAN HELP YOU PRICE RIGHT
With a mix, if real-world experience and advanced training our agents have the tools necessary to compute the fair market value of your home based on both the marketplace and personal considerations, such as your must-sell date.
Remember, the right price is the key to a successful sale. So work with me to price your home accurately the first time.